quarta-feira, agosto 23, 2006

Memento* I have this condition ...



"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different.

I lie here not knowing... how long I've been alone. So how... how can I heal? How am I supposed to heal if I can't... feel time?

Probably burned truck loads of your stuff before. Can't remember to forget you.

I can't remember to forget you...

I'm just someone who wanted to make things right. Can't I just let myself forget what you've told me? Can't I just let myself forget what you've made me do. You think I just want another puzzle to solve?

You know that one of the reasons for short term memory is loss ?

You can just feel the details. The bits and pieces you never bothered to put into words. And you can feel these extreme moments... even if you don't want to. You put these together, and you get the feel of a person. Enough to know how much you miss them...

If we can't make memories, we can't heal."

(*Memento: A reminder of the past; a keepsake.)